Monday, August 31, 2015

Teacher Week - 5 Fun Facts About Me!

I'm constantly learning new things as I venture into blogging! Today, I learned that this week is Teacher Week over at Blog Hoppin'. Monday's post is:

5 Fun Facts About Me!

I'm a little late to the game, since it's 11:30 on Monday evening, but I wanted to join in, so here it goes!



1. I'm Getting Married!

I'm super excited to get married in May on Memorial Day weekend. I met my fiancé when we were in high school. I absolutely couldn't stand him when we first met, but obviously he grew on me! We dated for 5 1/2 years before getting engaged on Memorial Day weekend, 2014. We've had a two year engagement because we had a lot of other things going on {moving to MD to start teaching while Jon was still in PA, Jon moving down to MD and starting a job}, but we're finally getting close! :)



My fabulous coworkers!

2. I LOVE My Job!

I'm sure this goes without saying for most of the people reading this, but I truly love everything about my job! I was super lucky to be hired at a wonderful school mid-year, two months out of college. I could not have imagined working with such a wonderful administration and staff. I am a special education resource teacher {the only one at my school}, so I get to work with all the students with IEPs in K-5. I think it's the perfect job because I get to see and do a little bit of everything. 





3. I Just Started Grad School!

So I'm not sure if this actually counts as a fun fact; I'm not feeling too fun about it yet! I just started my masters program in Educational Leadership and Administration, which will take 3 years since it's a part time program. I'm taking a research class currently, so it's not overly exciting. However, I'm looking forward to learning more about the education field in a different light! It will be great to have more career options for down the road. :)



That's me in the orange!

4. I Teach Dance Fitness!

I've been a dancer since I was four years old. I just can't get enough! I've done a ton of different styles, but hadn't danced seriously since high school/college. When I moved to my current city, I found a WONDERFUL dance fitness studio and started doing hip-hop/latin dance. Luckily, they allowed me to complete some trainings with them. Now, I'll be teaching my own class starting in September. I'm super excited to start out this new adventure.



I'm the one wearing the red jersey :)

5. I Played Rugby for 6 Years!

When I started college, I went to a bunch of activity meetings so I could maybe meet some people and stay busy. I decided to attend a rugby information session just for the heck of it. It was one of the best decisions I made in college! I played for four years in college, and for an addition 2 years with a club team in Maryland. I recently stopped playing due to grad school, but I hope to be able to play summer 7s rugby in the future again!


So there you have it! There are 5 fun facts about me. Remember, check out Teacher Week at Blog Hoppin' to see some more fun facts from other fantastic bloggers!

-Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment