Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Classroom Pictures - BEFORE

August 24, 2015
I am officially back at school for inservice week! Here are some "before" pictures of my classroom. My classroom is an L shape, with one section for working with students and the other section for my computer, filing cabinet, and desk.

*Here's a quick tip for making your classroom ready for summer: cover all of your surfaces and bulletin boards in plastic table cloths! It was a thousand times easier than trying to cover everything with paper. I think I used three from the dollar store for my whole classroom. Such a time saver!*


The above picture shows my classroom as you enter the room. I use this area for instruction. I typically have 1-4 kids in my classroom at a time. I use the closer small group table as my math center and the small group table in the back as my reading center. Looking at this picture, my "teacher area" is behind the wall on the right.


Above is my area! This contains my printer, computer, filing cabinet, and desk. I don't like to have students back here because it's not easily seen from my door. This past year, I left it pretty plain as it was my first full year in the building. This year, I hope to decorate it and spice it up! :)


Here's the view of my reading center from the filing cabinet area. Below is a picture of my math center from the reading center.


That's my room before I set up! I will be sharing pictures of my fully set up classroom this weekend or early next week. I typically don't see students for at least part of the first week of school, so I get a few extra days to finish up the odds and ends.

Do you have any great ideas for my oddly-shaped room? I would love to hear them! I'm slightly obsessed with rearranging my furniture at least once a year. Send some suggestions my way!! :) This school year will be unique for me because I'll only be spending four months in this classroom before my whole school packs up and moves to a holding school for 18 months. So I'm going to make it look the best I can for these four months!

-Georgia

2 comments:

  1. It is a funny shaped room! I look forward to seeing how you set it up, I'm a bit addicted to before and after pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a strange shape! It works for me most of the time because it easily lends itself to a work area and a teacher area, except for when other teachers come in while I'm at my desk and scare me! lol I'm also slightly addicted to before/after pictures. I love seeing everyone's ideas and changes!

    ReplyDelete